Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Bring on the Daylight

As I mentioned before the Solstice is my favorite day because I know that we have turned the corner and are heading towards more light. Even though at first it only increases by minutes, each minute is a celebration.

Last night I went to a Burning Woman Lunar Eclipse Gathering at my neighbors.
My very artistic neighbor created this beauty of a woman. She waxed the legs (kind of funny), and wrapped her ankles in matches.
And when the lunar eclipse first came into view we lit her on fire.
It was perfect timing as my toes had started to turn into ice blocks.
We each put in 3 intentions, something to release, something to bring in , and something for the earth.  Such a magical way to celebrate the return of light and the beautiful moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment