Friday, January 6, 2012

Yarn Along

I decided to join in on the Yarn Along that Ginny of Small Things started.  I am knitting the little guy an English Rib Pullover sweater.  This is the  first sweater ( not countining the one I started last year and ripped out because it was too difficult) I have tried.  It is rewarding and frustrating.  Being a beginner means knitting a bunch, then waiting for a friend to teach me how to undo and redo errors.  It is a lesson in patience for sure.
In my bedside table sits The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, which so far has been captivating.  Please excuse the poor quality photo.   I knit when my son is in the bathtub and the lighting is impossible.   We are,  that is my son and I,  finally at the point where I can take on a non-fiction.  For the first 2 years I could only read mindless fiction.   I was just too tired to concentrate.  My brain is breathing a sigh of relief to be learning something rather than just tolerating what I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment