Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Yarn A Long

I "got it" yesterday.  The high that I could not understand from knitting.  I equated it to a runner who reaches the positive addiction stage.  If you are a non-runner you can't just go out and run a mile and be hooked.  You have to practice and eventually you take a run that feels different and you are in the zone.  I feel the same way about my knitting experience.  I did not get it at all until yesterday when I knit away with a different feeling.

I am still knitting the same sweater for my son which will hopefully be done before he grows anymore.  Working full time and mommying leaves me about 1 hour a day to knit.  I am loving the Rick Bass book The Lives of Rocks. It is a series of very moving short storries, and I am browsing A Rainbow of Stitches to find my next embroidery project.  What are you reading?

9 comments:

  1. The sweater looks like a really nice colour, looking forward to seeing it all done. And have you decided on your next project, love to see this. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My next project may be some felted slippers, or maybe a fun poncho that I thought would be a lot of fun for summer festivals.

      Delete
  2. I like your analogy (I'm not a runner - so your explanation was helpful too). At least you're getting a bit of knitting in - that's good. A Rainbow of Stitches sounds interesting - do you embroider a lot?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love analogies. I don't embroider a lot, but some. I just rediscovered it last year after a dormant oh 30 years.

      Delete
  3. Good luck on finishing the sweater!! It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the high you've described. wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too! I am recently discovering many different ways to get "high" (all healthy of course).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get it......just never knew why!!! Of course, the knitter's high!!! Wonderful analogy! Good luck with the sweater!

    ReplyDelete