Monday, January 10, 2011

Art Exploraton

My little guy taught me a fun lesson which might be well known, but not in our house.  If you draw on a sliding glass door or window.
It wipes off with a wet sponge.
When I walked down the stairs and saw the artwork on our window I said "draw on paper", but then I recalled reading that a child drawing with marker on his belly is not the child being naughty, but the child learning about his body and about his world.  I have two people who sit on my shoulder, the parent, and the Early Childhood Educator.  At times they agree, and at times they disagree.  I am glad both sides came to terms with this fun activity.

1 comment:

  1. I love internal work/real life parent struggle...I go through it myself (she will not stop talking vs. she's talking!)

    ReplyDelete