Friday, January 14, 2011

Green Smoothie Addiction

My green smoothie addiction contines.   I call it an addiction because I get through the day much better when I start with a green smoothie.   I am finding I have less sugar cravings, and really less desire to overeat in general.   I really want to drink the whole batch each day, but my husband always calls asking if there will be some for him when he gets home.   I try to save at least a cup for him each day.  More if I can stay away from the batch.

Today's smoothie:
2 cups water
1 cup carrot juice
1 bunch carrot tops
1 apple
1bananna
1/2 cucumber
1 scoop concoction my husband makes with flax, wheat germ and who knows what else.  I must really trust him.

My usual smoothie schedule is a cup in the morning, then a cup in the afternoon.  I don't live off of them, and do eat meals as well, but just less meals like the chocolate bar meal, and ice cream meal are not as present.  I weighted myself just out of curiosity and I have lost a few pounds without increasing my exercise.  Not bad, and not really my goal, but a bonus none the less.

2 comments:

  1. sounds great...I'm supposed to cut out all sugar, but have yet found a way to do this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. All sugar... that would be really, really hard. I did go out to dinner and have a chocolate chip cookie with ice cream on it for dessert. I guess the power of the smoothie was not with me last night.

    ReplyDelete